For most of us, when we think about finance, we might consider what products we need or how to save for that big purchase. But in this month’s episode Andrea Fox speaks to Royal London’s Sarah Pennells, a personal finance expert and broadcaster, about why it’s time to think differently about our finances and what we want from them. We explore how we can both save for the future and invest responsibly, helping us to build financial resilience as well as a better and more sustainable world to live in.
How can you find more information?
Royal London recommends you seek professional independent financial advice before making financial decisions. You can learn more about the value of financial advice on our website.
You can also find lots of helpful information on some of the topics discussed in this episode on the following sites:
- Royal London: royallondon.com/mutuality/together-for-good
- Royal London: royallondon.com/about-us/members/understanding-your-finances/how-we-manage-your-money/what-is-responsible-investing
- Money Advice Service: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/ethical-saving-and-investing
Climate change and net zero
- United Nations, Race To Zero: https://unfccc.int/climate-action/race-to-zero-campaign
- The Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change: iigcc.org
- Climate Action 100+: climateaction100.org
This episode was recorded in June 2021 during the coronavirus outbreak. For the latest information on financial support and benefits, visit gov.uk/coronavirus.
Please note that all topics discussed in this episode can vary depending on your personal circumstances. Any figures quoted were accurate at the time of recording.