From life insurance and income protection to critical illness cover, protection insurance can be a great way to help to protect your financial future or that of your loved ones. But how do we work out what cover is right for us? On this episode Andrea Fox speaks to Kara Gammell, award-winning personal finance journalist and founder of money-saving blog ‘Your Best Friend's Guide to Cash’ to find out everything you need to know.
How can you find more information?
Royal London recommends you seek professional independent financial advice before making financial decisions. You can learn more about the value of financial advice on our website.
You can also find lots of helpful information on protection insurance on the following sites:
- Do you need life insurance: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/do-you-need-life-insurance
- Choosing a policy: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/life-insurance-choosing-the-right-policy-and-cover
Income protection insurance
- Do you need income protection insurance: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/do-you-need-income-protection-insurance
- Choosing a policy: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/income-protection-insurance-choose-the-right-policy-and-cover
Critical illness cover
- Do you need critical illness cover: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/critical-illness-insurance-do-you-need-it
- Choosing a policy: moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/critical-illness-insurance-choose-the-right-policy-and-cover
General information and guidance
- Citizens Advice: citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/insurance/insurance
- Association of British Insurers: abi.org.uk
- British Insurance Broker’s Association: biba.org.uk
This episode was recorded in March 2021 during the coronavirus outbreak. For the latest information on financial support and benefits, visit gov.uk/coronavirus.
Please note that all topics discussed in this episode can vary depending on your personal circumstances. Any figures quoted were accurate at the time of recording.